Friday, April 13, 2007

In this special moment in life ...

Think freely.
Practice patience.
Smile often.
Feel deeply.
Forget trouble.
Forgive an enemy.
Hope.
Grow.
Count your blessings.
Look for rainbows.
Gaze at stars.
See beauty everywhere.
Work hard.
Be wise.
Try to understand.
Take time for people.
Make time for yourself.
Laugh heartily.
Spread joy.
Try something new.
Slow down.
Believe in yourself.
See a sunrise.
Listen to rain.
Cry when you need to.
Trust life.
Have faith.
Have good ideas.
Make some mistakes.
Learn from them.
Celebrate life.

Jan Michelson

2 comments:

truth seekers said...

Life is pictured very beautifully but I wish we could see it such imagically.

petey said...

Hello! In cleaning out my files, I came across a beautiful piece entitled, "In this moment in life...," which I had printed on special parchment and laminated.

I then decided to look up the author of this terrific life message on the Internet, and in so doing, I came across her piece again. This time, however, it was entitled, "In this special moment in life," and it was dated April 13, 2007. As I began to read it, I realized that it was much shorter. Then, I realized that the reason it was much shorter was due to the fact that many of the advice statements had been omitted.

My question is twofold: first of all, was the author of both writings the same? If the answer is "yes," then it brings me to my second question: "Why were so many of the advice statements omitted in the shorter version?"

If, indeed, both were written by Jan Michelson, then, I would like to say that the longer version makes much more of an impact, at least, it did on me. Had I only read the shorter version without knowledge of the original one, then I would have been touched by it, as well -- but having read the longer one first, it is my belief that it should have remained intact, because it is so much more powerful.

All the same, thank you, to Jan Michelson, for authroing such a thought-provoking, enlightening piece. It is exceptional and really makes us realize what we should all focus on in life - AND what life might be like for everyone, if we would follow this sage advice, IF ONLY we would...